Indeed, Android is the trendiest mobile platform throughout the world, but it also has certain errors. Fortunately, we find the solution of the most common errors of Android device and you can save your time by simply following the instructions below and fix the errors.
The error 905 mostly occurs when you want to download heavy applications. There are very simple steps to eliminate this error.
- Select the “Setting” option
- Got to “Manage applications”
- Then select “Everyone”
- Now go to “Application”
- Choose the option “Uninstall”
- After a while, all updates will be removed and you will be able to use play store easily.
If the error is still there then
- Remove data and cache App Google Play
- Restart your Android device
- Uninstall all apps that have been recently installed
- Make certain that you have sufficient space in internal as well as in external memory of your device.
This error prevents you from downloading the applications from Play Store but this problem can be eliminated by simple methods.
- Go to “Setting” option
- Then select “Application Manager”
- Select “Google Play Store”
- Choose “Clear Data and Clear Cache” option
- Then “install/update” application from Google Play Store.
- Go to “Settings”
- Select “Account”
- Delete your “Gmail account”
- Now go to “Settings”, select “Apps”
- Choose “All”, “Clear Data and cache” for Google Play Store
- Then again add your “Gmail account”.
- Select “Settings”, then choose “Google” and add your account
- Finally, restart your device and accept Google terms
- Go to “Google Play Store” and install the app.
This error frequently occurs in Android devices. There are various reasons such as if the SIM is not inserted properly or there may be some technical problems related to the cellular network. Here are some easy methods to fix the issue.
- Reinsert your SIM and restart the phone to fix the error
- Remove battery for two minutes and reinsert it to resolve the issue
- Go to Settings>Wireless and Network setting>mobile network>mobile operator>Automatically. This step is useful to eliminate the error.
- Turn off the “Airplane mode” if it is on
- Turn on “data roaming” to fix the issue
- Reset factory. Go to Settings>Backup and Reset>Factory data reset.
- Check “firmware update” of your device. If you don’t get any update then check it manually and go to “Settings”, select “About device”, then choose “Software data” and click on “Check for update”.
- Open “Setting”
- Now select “Apps or Manage Applications”
- Click “All” tab
- Select “Download Manager”
- Click on “Force Stop”, “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”
- Return to the “App list”
- Now select “App Store”
- Then select “Force Stop”, “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”.
If the problem is still there then:
- Open “Apps list search”
- Select “Play Store App”
- Then choose “Uninstall Play Updates”
- Reinstall the updates
- Now your device might be free of error.